College is a challenging, but rewarding time of our lives. But it’s also a time when youngsters can be reckless more frequently.
To make sure that your digital life doesn’t take a hit, here’s a useful checklist of what you should have in place:
- Data backups (yes, that’s more than one)
- Strong passwords (never reused)
- Avoiding online piracy (not an impossible feat)
- Strong cyber security awareness (phishers be phishing’)
- Never sharing your credentials
- Installing software updates as soon as they’re available (or automating them)
- Using robust security software to protect your data from ransomware and other threats.